The Irish Vegetarian - Spring 2012
Please note the deadline for the magazine competition is Monday 16th of April !
Highlights from this issue:
Colm O’Brien, former VSI Chairman - short-listed for National Volunteering Award
- Grace Hillis reports Colm’s nomination and the celebration of volunteers around Ireland
Superman - is he a vegetarian?
- Conor Hand presents the evidence!
Profile of a Volunteer - Giselle
- Giselle, a VSI volunteer, tells us about her experiences Irish Animal Protection Laws
- Stephanie O’Flynn sheds light on the current shortfalls in Irish law Rachel Allen
Pheasant Hunting sparks anger with Animal Welfare Groups
- Martin O’Reilly gives us the lowdown on events in the media after the infamous photo of Allen posing with dead pheasants was up- loaded on Facebook
Help Stop Fur Farming in Ireland & Prevent a Government U turn
- Ed Long describes recent holdups and setbacks in the enacting of important Animal Protection legislation.
VSI Dublin Meetup Group
- Reports from recent activities of the Dublin Meetup Group by event attendees
Please note that the deadline for the competition is not Monday 2nd of April as advertised in the magazine, but Monday 16th of April. The winner will be contacted by Monday the 30th of April.
Plus our regular round-up of news and events of interest to readers of The Irish Vegetarian