Join us as a volunteer at World Vegetarian Day 2017!
Date: Sunday 1 October 2017
Time: 10am to 6pm (if you are only available for part of the day, please let us know which part)
Venue: St Andrew’s Resource Centre, Pearse St, Dublin 2
What will it involve?
A variety of tasks such as:
- Setting up
- Assisting stand holders upon their arrival, e.g. showing them to their table and helping them carry their goods
- Assisting with the manning of the Vegetarian Society of Ireland stand
- Greeting members of the public on arrival and inviting them to make a donation
- Answering questions from visitors throughout the day
- Assisting invited speakers
- Assisting with children’s activities
- Tidying up at the end of the day
We will do our best to make sure you are doing activities you enjoy.
What are the requirements?
We are looking for people who are:
- Over 18
- Comfortable talking to the general public and invited guest speakers
- Comfortable talking positively about vegetarianism and veganism
- Available from 10am to 6pm on the day. If you are only available for part of the day, let us know which part
- Fit and healthy, so you can assist with moving tables etc. (if you have any injuries or disabilities of relevance to volunteering, please let us know in your application)
This is an opportunity to promote vegetarianism and veganism as part of a small team at a fun event.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com, with a few lines about yourself.